About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Mountain Stream? (Acrylic on Canvas)

Something about this feels very real to me. Too bad the execution is so ugh. The mountainous cliffy bits are nondescript and blobby. The trees are nice: some years my family had Christmas trees that looked very much like these. Of course, Christmas trees back then were more diverse and in some respects weirder looking than they are nowadays. Anyway. The depth/distance bit is nicely done as well. The froth and white water isn’t so great, but you can tell what’s going on with it at least. We’ve got the same kind of rather awful sky that I’ve seen so many times before. What is it with these ongoing bad skies?!? One wouldn’t think painting a sky would be so difficult, right? WRONG! My skies suck too! But they’re generally better than this one. Anyway, there are a few things to like here. Keep at it, MD!

Postscript: I thought this felt “real” but I finally figured it out: it’s just “familiar”: check out October 27th…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!