Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Mountain Stream? (Acrylic on Canvas)

Something about this feels very real to me. Too bad the execution is so ugh. The mountainous cliffy bits are nondescript and blobby. The trees are nice: some years my family had Christmas trees that looked very much like these. Of course, Christmas trees back then were more diverse and in some respects weirder looking than they are nowadays. Anyway. The depth/distance bit is nicely done as well. The froth and white water isn’t so great, but you can tell what’s going on with it at least. We’ve got the same kind of rather awful sky that I’ve seen so many times before. What is it with these ongoing bad skies?!? One wouldn’t think painting a sky would be so difficult, right? WRONG! My skies suck too! But they’re generally better than this one. Anyway, there are a few things to like here. Keep at it, MD!

Postscript: I thought this felt “real” but I finally figured it out: it’s just “familiar”: check out October 27th…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!