About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Night Landscape (Acrylic? on Canvas)

 


“Have you ever seen blood in the moonlight, Will? It appears quite black.”

This is by far one of the strangest and most interesting paintings we’ve ever exhibited. It is also the first painting I’ve included two photos of. The truth is that these photos just don’t do this painting justice: to my eye, at first this painting looked almost completely black. But when I had a look at the first photo I took, it didn’t even seem like the same painting: in the photo, the areas where the glossy paint is exceptionally thick reflect the light in a way that makes the painting seem brighter than it actually is. But even the sky, which is not exactly thick with paint, seemed darker in person. What’s going on here? The second photo is closer to what this thing looks like in real life, but even that doesn’t convey how weirdly dark it is. So. Long story short: this painting is, in its own way, very good, very strange, and I now absolutely regret not having bought it. For $4.99!!! No idea where I would have put it, but I regret not buying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!