About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Nude Study (Acrylic on Canvas)

This came very very very close to making it into the illustrious (Value Village Art Gallery Favorite) club. Because it is classically artistic. No nonsense. No gimmicks. Just legitimate talent and effort expended to create something good. I really do like this a lot. But then there’s…that head. It looks a little bit like Peter Cushing to me. And it was really hard for me to get past that. I can’t unsee it. I could live with the slightly-wonky feet and hands, but that head. Brrr.

Regardless, this is a good painting and we are glad to have it here. For realz.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!