About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Sunday, July 26, 2026

Christmas Tree in the Middle of Nowhere (Acrylic on Canvas)


We have yet another not-very-good one on our hands here, and it is almost certainly the result of a recent Paint Night.

Honestly this is just more a picture or a drawing than it is a painting. It’s like if a little kid drew a picture. And I don’t mean that as an insult to the artist (although the artist certainly should be insulted!) : I’m not saying that the artist has the talent of a little kid. I’m saying that, as a relatively-incompetent painter myself, I too have often caught myself painting something without any depth or dimensions or shading or anything that makes a painted image feel organically/emotionally/spiritually alive on the canvas. Like a kid drawing something on construction paper.

That’s what this is like. And the next one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!