About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Saturday, August 2, 2025

Mountain Lake (Acrylic on Canvas)

One of these days I'm gonna count up how many "Mountain Scene"s or "Mountain Lake"s have been installed here. I am guessing (?) it's probably at least 12 to 14 by now. This, unfortunately, isn't one of the better ones. It's not bad; it's just...not that great. I have so much more liking and admiration for the demonstrably amateur artist who paints something real, something that's right in front of them (a person, a pet, a bowl of fruit) rather than some second-hand item in the form of a photo or (worse!) something just made up out of whole cloth in their imagination. 

Dig it: if you're going to paint something fictional or imaginary, why not come up with something remarkable and/or unusual? Plaid fruit. A three-headed duck. A skyscraper made out of Lime Jello. The possibilities are limitless. Instead, we've got 12 to 14 Mountain Lakes. I know this is Alaska and all, but give me a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!