About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Friday, May 30, 2025

Strange Swampy Pond? (Acrylic on Canvas)

This is by one of our Usual Suspects I think, from waaay back in the day. I could be wrong though.

I must be going soft. This much black, blue and purple in one place would normally earn a mean-spirited, snarky, unkind review from me. But in this case...well...while this painting is definitely not good, it's not so "not good" that I can't stand the sight of it. In this particular instance, there is...something...about this painting that is marginally appealing. Attractive even.

(Postscript: I figured it out: the appeal, for me, is the semi-DayGlo-ish pink, blue, green and yellow . I'm a sucker for Day-Glo...)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!