About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Friday, May 30, 2025

Night Woods (Acrylic on Canvas)

This is maybe by the artist immediately preceding? Not sure. 

This is not a great painting but with a little bit more effort on the artist's part it could have been better. How's that for an obvious statement? What I mean is, this is yet another amateur painting with too much black, blue and white in it, and too little time/effort spent on the basic stuff such as the grass in the foreground and the trees in the background (trees like these I call "fur trees" since they look more furry than they do branchy/leafy.) Still, with all that said, I kiiiinda like parts of this. My point is that it's the artist's fault that I don't like more of it, and it didn't have to be this way. Try harder next time, Rembrandt...

Postscript: I have no idea what I was thinking and I have no recollection of what I could possibly have "kiiiiinda liked" about this painting. - this painting is awful. Simply awful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!