Sunday, July 7, 2024

Seashore and Lighthouse (Oil on Canvas)



(Value Village Art Gallery Favorite)

This and the painting immediately to follow were the high points of my day. These appear to be old and legitimately “talented amateur-created art.” It can get confusing sometimes. I say this because, from a statistical standpoint, I see so many painfully, demonstrably bad paintings, that when I see one that’s just… “not bad” rather than “actually good”, the lines of critical discernment can become blurred. This painting is an example of that. In the Real World, it might be described as an “average” or “uninteresting” or “so-so” painting. But here in Weirdsville, I feel as if I’m in the presence of freaking genius! Because Relativity, dig?

ON THE OTHER HAND, crummy paintings or no, this one is actually good enough that it caught my eye and made me want to take time to look at it for a while. Which is always a good thing. As a matter of fact, it is so "interesting-in-a-novice-kind-of-way" that it is being inducted into the “(Value) Village Art Gallery ‘Favorites’ Category” that I’m creating at this very moment! I will be going back through our exhibits and making note of which paintings fall under that auspicious and illustrious nomenclature. Feel free to go looking for them and see if you agree with me!

Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!