Friday, May 24, 2024

Chinese Landscape (Acrylic on Canvas)


I don’t know what to make of this. It’s…interesting. It’s definitely not a bad painting. And there’s a lot going on to attract one’s eye (almost too much!) The colors are nice and seem, considering the subject, very real. This almost to me looks like it was painted by someone from China. The colors seem too bright, too abrupt to have been done by someone not well-acquainted with what I would consider a Chinese-ish style of painting. I guess what I’m getting at is if there’s something akin to Chinese Kitsch, this would be it. If I’m way off base here, feel free to correct me.

(Haha you CAN’T since I don’t have the comment function enabled. Too bad!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!