About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Friday, July 10, 2026

Landscape (Oil on Canvas)


(Value Village Art Gallery Favorite)

Sorry about the frame shadow along the top 😬

I love this! Also, I am almost certain that there is another of Mae Krum’s works installed here in our gallery somewhere. We are proud to have her. She is what I believe Amateur Art should be about: people doing their best and painting things that matter, whether the mattering is subtle or profound, simple or complex, quiet or loud. 

Is the worst real Landscape ever painted more important than the best Pokémon or Troll or Olaf ever painted? You bet your ASS it is!

Going by the condition of the canvas I’d say this is an old one, 1970s or 1980s I’m guessing? Also the signature: people don’t sign their paintings this beautifully anymore. Often a “signature” nowadays amounts to a series of initials, a two-digit year and a symbol of some kind. More like a serial number or product ID than a signature. Pfft. Anyway…

Here’s hoping that Mae is still with us and fighting the good fight. It’s pretty doubtful though, honestly. I can find no reference to her online. Which isn’t a good sign. I’m thinking she’s Pre-Internet.

Wherever you are Mae: we are proud to have your work on display here…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!