About Me
- Curator SadHoboClown
- (THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)
Tuesday, July 7, 2026
Lake Scene (Acrylic on Canvas)
There was a time when this painting would have been granted immediate “Value Village Art Gallery Favorite” status. But that time is long past. While this painting is very good and is certainly in the top ten percent of the paintings here when it comes to talent and effort displayed, it isn’t a “favorite.” The style of it is that which I have come to think of as being…well…there’s no nice way to say this…SLIMY. It just feels slimy, gelatinous, and oily. Viscous. Unpleasantly so. The colors are too rich somehow. I can’t explain it. Anyway, this is a really nicely-done painting that I would not want hanging on any wall in my home. Sorry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!