About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Saturday, April 11, 2026

Sweetheart’s Tree (Oil on Canvas)


Another old one, I’m guessing 1970s/1980s? 

Hard to believe it, but someone appears to have taken a Sharpie and written over the original “Heart and Arrow” tree carving (maybe “3-5-25 Bob Owen”? Not sure though.) I’m not a fan of this kind of desecration. I suppose (?) the artist might have done it, long after the fact. But it doesn’t seem likely to me.

Anyway, the artist had some talent and spent a bit of time making what amounts to Real Art. I like it. It’s no Masterpiece but it’s definitely quite good, for what it is. Not a waste of paint by any means…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!