About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Sunday, February 8, 2026

Retrospective (Acrylic on Canvas)






These all showed up on the same day so I’m assuming (hopefully correctly?) that they are all by the same artist. At a time such as this, (V)VAG patrons who are familiar with my shtick might expect that an extraordinary amount of snark might be forthcoming. Not so! While this stuff is cartoony/anime-y in a way that I usually tend to be dismissive of / cruelly unkind towards, in this specific case I feel like there’s some actual talent on display.

Would I rather that the artist had painted something Real; something from the Gut? Of course. But I’ll take what I can get. To begin:

#1) It’s charming. No idea why I like it. I just do.

#2) Not so great.

#3) Again, utterly charming. Really nice background. Very realistic, relaxed and fluid Red Dress Girl.

#4) I only included this because in person I could see what was underneath the paint over. Which appeared to maybe be another cartoony portrait ala #1) but isn’t visible in the photograph here. Oh well.

#5) Very nice. Cool in that we can see a bit of the artistic process happening.

Artist: sign your work next time. And keep painting!

POSTSCRIPT: I find myself wondering if this one (from a few months back) might be by this same artist?

https://valuevillageartgallery.blogspot.com/2025/06/greek-nude-acrylic-and-pencil-on-canvas.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!