About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Tuesday, January 6, 2026

Abstract (Acrylic on Canvas)


I have a number of mortal enemies, nemeses, foils, “Player(s) on the Other Side” when it comes to Egregious Art Errors, some of which are the colors blue, purple, black and grey as they are the colors most commonly used (over-used, rather) in Amateur Art. Another would be…The Abominable White Canvas. To explain: there should never be any unpainted surface left remaining on a canvas. Ever. Ever Ever Ever. It is the Sigil of the Amateur Artist: it is lazy and ugly and…yeah…it’s just not good.

As in the example above. I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!