About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Saturday, August 2, 2025

Winter Forest River (Oil on Canvas)


Our rule here at the (V)VAG is that our exhibits must be by real artists, mostly amateur, not commercial art or mass-produced art i.e. not the kind of "real" paintings one might find in the Home Decor departments of places like Target, or (back in the day) JC Penny, Sears, Kmart etc. This originally felt to me to be a store-bought painting of the variety just mentioned. My Girl Friday (i.e. the Della Street to my Perry Mason, the Velda to my Mike Hammer, a.k.a. my wife) said she thinks it's non-commercial, legit, non-professional, human-being-type-artist-person created art. I googled the artist's name and learned nothing. So it's here until someone can show me for sure that it is commercial. How's that for a long-winded into? Let me keep the rest of this brief then:

It's great! And it's old, like easily (I'm guessing?) 1970s old. Good job, almost-certainly-dead artist-person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!