About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Sunday, July 27, 2025

Huckleberry Sawyer (Acrylic on Canvas Board)



Yes, they are kitschy and corny: they almost have a Holly Hobby look to them. But they're still better than probably 40% of the paintings seen here. Which, if you're any good at math, means that there are approximately 225 paintings that are demonstrably worse than these. 

Just enjoy these paintings for what they are. Live in the Now. There's a story here: the Art and the Artist are intrinsically, inexorably linked; bound to one another. Somewhere, someWHEN, there is/was an artist who made these harmless, inoffensive, slightly cheesy paintings. A bit of himself/herself is right there, in these paintings, looking back at you as you look at them.

Grok!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!