About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Sunday, June 8, 2025

Yaks! (Acrylic on Canvas)


Today we have yaks. Yes, yaks. Two yaks, in fact. Yak One and Yak Two. Yak Two and Yak One. They can do anything anything anything under the sun. Yaks are a very Alaskan thing but surprisingly these are our first yaks EVAR at the Good ol' (Value) Village Art Gallery. And they arrived on the same day. Dang! What are the odds?

(Ackshully the odds are pretty high. Since we see a statistically-significant number of what I call "Paint Night Suggested Subjects", which is in all likelihood what we have right here.)

That having been said: Yak #1 is...the FIVE HUNDREDTH PAINTING to wind up adorning our beloved (Value) Village Art Gallery. 

500! Paintings! Hard to believe, isn't it? I'm actually kinda proud. Oftentimes when I come up with what I think are interesting ideas, I will either a) not follow through with them, or b) start them but then get bored with them quickly and wind up just giving up. I toyed with the idea of the (Value) Village Art Gallery for six months or so before I actually got around to doing it. And despite the fact that we've had (as far as I can tell?) ZERO VISITORS and ZERO COMMENTS, I've kept going with it. Mainly because...I find the (V)VAG to be quite entertaining. I get a genuine kick out of all this. So. One day, some day, we will have visitors. Or not. Who knows? I'm basically doing this for me, so who cares? My next Big Idea is...well, I'm gonna to keep that to myself for a while, until I work out the logistics of it, the Ins and Outs, the "deets" as the youngsters say nowadays.

At any rate, here's to the First 500  🎉🥳🎊🎂🍰🎂🎈🍸

And here's hoping that I can manage 500 more! 🎉🥳🎊🎂🍰🎂🎈🍸

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!