About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Sunday, June 8, 2025

Abandoned Car Landscape (Acrylic on Canvas)


Recently I got to wondering if my reviews here have grown meaner over the years and I think I've decided that I've actually gotten nicer; much more charitable and patient...with these one-eyed color-blind emm-effers and their horrible horrible alleged paintings...than they deserve. Hahaha I added that last part just to be funny. I really do care about every artist here and every painting in this charming little Night Gallery of mine, even the pesky, unruly, red-headed stepchirren "1 on a scale of 1 to 10"s that we see so many of here.

THE REASON I BRING THIS UP is that...this painting is not 100% awful. Seriously. The composition is good. The flora, while slapdash certainly isn't the worst we've seen. The sky, the land horizon and the greenishnessity immediately preceding it is reasonably decent. If only the automobile hadn't been left so...Kindergarten/crayon-looking: realllly not sure what is up with that. 

Anyway, this painting definitely isn't as awful as one might assume upon an initial viewing. So there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!