About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Monday, May 19, 2025

Mountain River Waterfall Hiking (Watercolor on Paper)


Why do folks put stuff like this behind glass? All it does is make it hard to see the actual work for all the glare. It also makes it muy difficil to take a photograph. Oh well. This is a well-done watercolor but it's not exactly a masterpiece. Is that how one spells "masterpiece"? It looks weird. Anyway, it's good but not remarkably good is the point I'm trying to make. The little hiker dude looks a bit stick-figure-y, I think. The rest is nice though: far nicer than I could manage and don't take my critical pose too seriously: I can't go around gushing about every painting that's isn't demonstrably awful. Yes, this is certainly in the top 10% of the 400+ paintings we have here, no doubt about it. But: it's in the lower end of than 10%

Ahh what the hell: don't listen to me. Good job W.K Bae(whatever-the-rest-of-your-name-is-under-that-price-tag)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!