About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Saturday, May 17, 2025

Cityscape Looking Up (Oil on Canvas)


(Value Village Art Gallery Favorite)

See previous exhibit. Believe it or not, I actually don't know much about art. But as the saying goes, "I know what I like." And this I like! We've got some real talent here, for sure. I think (?) this painting may have been done by the same artist as the painting preceding this one. But: going against my theory is the fact that this one is signed (initialed, rather) while the other one is not. I feel there is a similarity of style, confidence and brush stroke, but I could be wrong. Like I said, I'm no expert. Nor would I want to be. Most experts, in my experience, are kinda assholes. That's anecdotal of course, but it's my "truth" / "lived experience" so you have to accept it. Otherwise your non-acceptance wiLL TrIgGeR mEeEeEeEeee.

Seriously though. I love this painting and I'd love to get the bird's eye lowdown on this caper. So: to the artist - if you ever see this, reach out to me and tell me about yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!