About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Tuesday, March 18, 2025

Heart (Acrylic on Canvas)


It's no masterpiece but for what it is, it is better than approx 20% of the stuff here. For all its (on the surface) vacuous banality, there is...something about it that Isn't Totally Repugnant. The colors grab me, for one thing: the red black white and light blue really POP here in a very appealing way. The haphazardness of it all feels less contrived that is usually the case with this type of thing. And while this is minimal for sure, what's there is nicely done. Artist: try something less plebian next time. Maybe paint FROM the heart instead of, well, you get the joke.

ADDENDUM: eight days have passed from the time of my review unto now, and I've only just noticed the almost-but-not-quite-transparent hackneyed trite faux-profundity-type slogan in this thing (gag retch choke). I hereby rescind any prior kind words uttered in defense of this abomination. "Hate Yourself" are better words to live by, in most cases :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!