Artist: give my idea some thought why dontcha?
About Me
- Curator SadHoboClown
- (THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)
Monday, February 10, 2025
Flower (Acrylic on Canvas)
I almost feel about this painting as I do the one which is immediately to follow (see "Owl") - but not quite. Because there is something about this painting that manages to tilt the balance in its favor. Maybe it's the garish, semi-1960s / early 1970s color combination. Yes, I think that must be it! It's the colors! Really remarkable. This artist could probably paint the heck out of a sad clown, a big-eyed orphan, a big-eyed Twiggy-looking chick or (dare I say it?) a Harlequin I bet! Speaking of which, I would actually pay money for something of that nature from this individual. I likes me some MCM Harlequins and/or Sad Droopy Skinny Don Quixote-looking dudes on horseback.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!