About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Sunday, February 2, 2025

Flag and Tag (Acrylic on Wooden Board)


Happy (Value) Village Art Gallery Two Year Anniversary!!!

Happy 400th Artwork to be installed!!!

I'm a little bummed that this object is the #400, but oh well. I'm not opposed to the sentiments, rather the execution of said sentiments. I guess I'm not really understanding the trope here. Was the cross on fire? Was the flag on fire? Why all the black? Where did the extra red and white stripes go? Where did the stars go? This is kind of awful IMO but hey: "It Is What It Is", right?

Two years. 400 works of art. 400 snarky, cynical, smart-assed reviews. Pretty impressive, even if I do say so myself. 

Well, here's to the next 400 🍾 Lord Willing 🙏 Thanks to all the artists, known and unknown, who have made this work possible. What can one say of such valiant, selfless artists but: "All Gave Some, but Some Gave All."

🫡 🎨🖌️👨‍🎨 🫡


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!