Sunday, April 28, 2024

Alaskan Landscape (Acrylic on Canvas)


I swear I’m starting to think that there’s an art teacher somewhere in Fairbanks telling his or her students “Now be sure to use LOTS of blue and purple okay?!?”
One day I’ll find the emm-effer and it’ll be on like Donkey Kong.

If you’re new visitor to the (V)VAG, allow me to explain: the colors blue and purple are my personal nemesiseseses - they are overused to a startling degree by many of the amateur artists here. For more information, click on any painting here that is blue and purple. They are minion.

Otherwise? The tree line with the yellow isn’t awful. The branches on the birch trees in the foreground need work. They look anemic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!