About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Alaskan Landscape (Acrylic on Canvas)


I swear I’m starting to think that there’s an art teacher somewhere in Fairbanks telling his or her students “Now be sure to use LOTS of blue and purple okay?!?”
One day I’ll find the emm-effer and it’ll be on like Donkey Kong.

If you’re new visitor to the (V)VAG, allow me to explain: the colors blue and purple are my personal nemesiseseses - they are overused to a startling degree by many of the amateur artists here. For more information, click on any painting here that is blue and purple. They are minion.

Otherwise? The tree line with the yellow isn’t awful. The branches on the birch trees in the foreground need work. They look anemic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!