About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Friday, June 20, 2025

Greek Nude (Acrylic and Pencil on Canvas)


I think (?) the writing is Greek. I'm curious about what it says, but not curious enough to go to the trouble of entering the text into an online translator. I find myself wondering what this would have come out looking like if it had been completed. And what the hell it's all about. 

The young lady looks like she might be some kind of cartoon character. Or maybe she's one of these Ponkemons I hear the neighborhood kids talking about while I'm relaxing on my front porch swing, whittling and drinking ice-cold lemonade and reading the Saturday Evening Post.

Whatever the case may be, she's certainly a sturdy little thing, isn't she? va Va VOOM!!!

(Addendum: my curiosity got the better of me. This has something to do with the idea of Aphrodite Pandemos ("Aphrodite for the People": physical love relating to the body and its senses i.e. lust, desire, carnal/sexual love) and Aphrodite Urania ("Aphrodite of the Heavens": love relating to the mind, intellect, emotions and soul/spirit.) 

"The More You Know."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!