About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Sunday, June 29, 2025

Yet Another Mini-Retrospective (Acrylic on Canvas)




Here we have another couple of paintings that I am 99% certain were painted by the same person. 

When I see stuff like this (and I really do see a LOT of it) I often wonder what the person responsible would be capable of if he or she were to paint something that mattered, from real life, from the heart, that they used the correct colors of paint with. This is a case in point. These paintings (and the many many many like them up in here) aren't awful per se, but they certainly aren't very good. Moreover, the subjects are unimportant, tedious, tiresome, overdone, and uninteresting in the EXACT SAME WAY that are the works of easily 50 to 75 other alleged artists here. They're all "not that great" in a very similar fashion. The REASON for all this is that...there was clearly no soul, no heart, no spirit, no blood or sweat or tears expended in their collective creation. Or any organic inspiration.

But most importantly, there was no...love? Yes, that's it. 

To paraphrase a line from a recent movie: "When I see your paintings, they look like they were painted with no love."

EVERYONE: stop painting from (and being inspired by) Social Media: TikTok, Instachat, Snapgram and Flapcrap. This is important: stop doing things simply to be seen having done them! Instead, try painting for YOURSELF, and from the GUT. I know you can do it. You DO have a gut: paint from it. Paint Tough. Every single freaking time. Otherwise you're faking it and it does not count.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!