About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Saturday, May 10, 2025

Tropical Idyll (Weird Gritty Paint on Strangely-Shaped Canvas)


This almost seemed a bit like Impasto, but the paint was too even. So I guess the paint was just kinda gritty, or the canvas itself was kinda rough-textured. The frame of this canvas is old, like OLD old, and the top edge was quite warped. I think (?) this is/was Caribbean local amateur art intended for the tourist trade, done sometimes in the 60s. Which would categorize this as Comercial Art which is not allowed at the (V)VAG according to the by-laws of the most recent "(Value) Village Art Gallery Non Profit Trust" Committee meeting. But: I also don't know, for a fact, that's what this is. There was no price tag or identification on the back, which would usually (though not always) be present in a case such as Commercial Regional Tourist Market-type Art. Sooooo until I know for sure, this thing stays. Mainly because it's so freaking weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!