About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Thursday, May 8, 2025

Arctic Landscape (Acrylic on Canvas)


(Still the slacking-off April stuff: this should've been April 27th.)

Ehhh it's...pretty not good. Another trite and incrutable Northern Lights number (holy smoke where are the colors?!?)

Not much else can be said here. Pfft.

Addendum: I keep coming back to this painting for some reason and I've decided that I genuinely like the compostion here: this is a great point of view from which to see what we're meant to see. It's just that what we're seeing wasn't done very well. This had the potential to be a very good-looking mountain and big sky landscape. I would have left the Northern Lights out though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!