About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Friday, January 17, 2025

Virus? Meteor? Fish? (Acrylic on Stretched Cheesecloth)


If I'd not already spent $20 on art earlier today I would have bought this one for sure. And as it is, I may go back again later this evening to get it, since I've mentioned in the past that I always regret not following my gut on such matters and I think this one is one of those times.

I like this! And I really don't know why. Other than perhaps for this reason: I feel like this was possibly done by a really good artist being weird and amateurish, or a totally legit amateur/novice/aspiring artist who lucked into producing something really great. As to the reason I think this is great: it feels to me like it has a 50s/60s MCM and/or "Night Gallery" vibe. The choice of colors is awesome. It has heat and discordance and energy. It feels like 50s jazz: weird-assed jangly foreboding jazz of the Ornette Coleman / Miles Davis variety.

I dig it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!