About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Sunday, December 8, 2024

House and Barbed Wire (Acrylic on Canvas Board)



This was supposed to have been posted back in November (on the 29th) but I’ve been slacking a bit. Also, there were three other entries that same day but A) they were more like woodwork wall hanging art and 2) they were too awful for me to be very enthusiastic about. Actually my enthusiasm overall has been lagging of late, probably due to the season. Anyway, I’m catching up now.

This is a nice one, certainly in the Top Ten of the paintings we’ve seen during the past two or three months. Some might wonder if this is me damning with faint praise. No! This is no masterpiece but it shows talent and effort. We love that shit around here :)

(UPDATE: I added the "back of canvas board" photo on 8/5/25 - believe it or not, this painting must've gotten re-donated in August of 2025 after being bought here shortly after I originally installed the front photo here in December of 2024. That's crazy! Well at least now you have the artist's name!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!