About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Sunday, December 29, 2024

A Retrospective (Acrylic on Canvases and Canvas Boards














In the twenty-three months that I have been curating the (Value) Village Art Gallery I have never added this many paintings via one post. But then again, I’ve never happened upon this many paintings by the same person on the same day. It’s a freaking embarrassment of riches! Normally I would critique each one separately, but in this case that would be boring and repetitive. Paintings one, three, four, five, six and eleven were all 4” x 4”. Of the thirteen, most are not that great but the er um “least inspired” painting in this set is FAAAAAR from being the worst we’ve ever seen. And in a small number of cases, there is actually some moderately interesting work taking place. Specifically, I really do kinda like numbers four, five. twelve and thirteen. The rest fall somewhere between “yeah, okay, pfft, whatever” and “Burn This Immediately!” I’ll leave it to you to figure out which ones are which.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!