About Me
- Curator SadHoboClown
- (THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)
Saturday, November 2, 2024
Tropical Scene (Acrylic on Canvas)
This one is…sigh…how do I put this? It says nothing, it’s the art equivalent of cotton candy, BUT…it’s not bad. There is SOMETHING about this that is kind of appealing. The colors are absurd but they’re nicely done. The birds are comically average. The reefs (?) and island look like floating turds. But…this somehow actually works. It’s dumb but for what it is (junk food art) I rather like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!