About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Tuesday, November 12, 2024

Stupid Winter Gnomes (Acrylic on Canvas)


I really don’t like these creatures at all. Thankfully we haven’t had to deal with very many of them lately but seeing as how we’re moving into the (ugh) Christmas season I’m sure we’ll be seeing a lot more of these little bastards.

Don’t get me wrong. I like the point of Christmas, I just don’t like what it has become. It’s not about trees or decorations or gifts, or the food, or family. Those things are secondary perks that go with it. For some folks, that is. Others may not have any family, or money for decorations or gifts or Christmas-y food. You can have Christmas without any of that, and certainly without churning the ethers of Commerce and standing in line at the Post Office.

Anyway, this is a painting. Hopefully someone had fun painting it. It wound up at Value Village for $3.99 so that tells you how much it must’ve meant to someone.

Bah Humbug!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!