Friday, October 4, 2024

Native American (Sketch Pencil on Parchment)


Thank goodness for Harry G Kallich or whatthehellever this guy’s name is. Can you make out the signature? Kallash? Kallach? Henry A.? I googled every variation I could think of, without any luck. Whoever he is, he managed to salvage my day here today. So much bad art in one day (see previous exhibits) only to fortunately wind up on this rather talented note. Whew!

This piece was of such quality that at first I thought it was a mass-produced print. But after close examination I’m pretty sure it is original art, on paper, that was affixed to some kind of pressboard and then framed. The paper has come detached from the backing down towards the bottom. Maybe the paper portion was printed though? Not sure. Hard to tell without seeing the back of the paper, which in this case is impossible. 

If anyone is able to research this online and let me know that this is a mass-produced print or reproduction I’ll remove it from the (V)VAG, since our gallery solely highlights a) hands-on /handmade works of art by b) novice, amateur and mostly-unknown (or at the very least, only locally-known) artists whose works have c) somehow wound up at Value Village. 

Cuz them’s the rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!