About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Friday, October 4, 2024

Native American (Sketch Pencil on Parchment)


Thank goodness for Harry G Kallich or whatthehellever this guy’s name is. Can you make out the signature? Kallash? Kallach? Henry A.? I googled every variation I could think of, without any luck. Whoever he is, he managed to salvage my day here today. So much bad art in one day (see previous exhibits) only to fortunately wind up on this rather talented note. Whew!

This piece was of such quality that at first I thought it was a mass-produced print. But after close examination I’m pretty sure it is original art, on paper, that was affixed to some kind of pressboard and then framed. The paper has come detached from the backing down towards the bottom. Maybe the paper portion was printed though? Not sure. Hard to tell without seeing the back of the paper, which in this case is impossible. 

If anyone is able to research this online and let me know that this is a mass-produced print or reproduction I’ll remove it from the (V)VAG, since our gallery solely highlights a) hands-on /handmade works of art by b) novice, amateur and mostly-unknown (or at the very least, only locally-known) artists whose works have c) somehow wound up at Value Village. 

Cuz them’s the rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!