About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Saturday, October 19, 2024

Blue Jellyfish (Acrylic on Canvas)

It’s not great, but it’s certainly not bad in the way that some of our paintings are bad. What I mean is that this one doesn’t exhibit that kind of…generic sameness of bad that we see so often. This really does have a degree of originality of technique. Not a whole lot, but definitely some. 

Artist dude/dudette: keep at it, my friend :)

ADDENDUM: one of the greatest bummers of my time here at this occasionally-nauseous museum is A) that I did not purchase the painting referred to as “Make a Decision” (see April 11, 2024) and B) that I’ve been unable to locate that painting’s creator and talk to him/her about his/her art. So here I am, at 5am on a Sunday morning, killing time by strolling through my little Naught Gallery, and while looking at this painting I realize that it reminds me of “Make a Decision” a LOT. So I compare the two and I think that maaaaybe they’re by the same artist. Maybe? Which, if true, means that there is hope that I will, one day, meet him/her and find out what the hell their deal is and maybe even be able to commission a painting involving the little alien girl, her glow-dog, and her balloon. Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!