Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Soft-Boiled Jellyfish (Acrylic on Canvas)


Is it just me, or does this look rather like a freshly-cracked egg? 

Anyway, considering the preponderance of blue and pink here, I’m surprised that I’m not exactly hating the color scheme (for more on this subject, see my previously-stated views on blue and purple.) This is a nice shade of blue, and while the pink is hum-drum, it kinda looks nice with the blue backdrop. Now regarding the subject: this could just as well be a dragonfly, or a tree, or a butterfly, or any one of the dozens of tired, overdone, boring subjects most often seen around here. What I’m saying is, the subject is uninteresting. There’s been a rash of that kind of thing lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!