Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Bowl and Pot with Flowers (Oil on Canvas)


(Value Village Art Gallery Favorite)

I liked this one enough that I bought it. 

I was kind of at a loss for how to describe this so I wound up asking my wife what these things were called. They look to me like a) a metal mixing bowl and b) a metal pot with a long handle. At first I thought there were three pots nested together, which I liked the idea of very much. But then I realized I’m only seeing the one handle so that’s not quite as cool. Anyway. I don’t care that I can’t figure out what’s going on here: I like this a LOT. This, to me, is what Art is supposed to be: stuck somewhere in the 19th Century when peasants used scythes to harvest wheat and people still died from Tuberculosis. I’m not kidding. Pretty much anything that came after WWI can kiss my tuchas. Modernism and Post-Modernism in particular. If artists aren’t reading the Bible by candlelight and cutting pieces off of themselves to send to their girlfriends then they can fuck right off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!