Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Nighttime Mountain Range (Acrylic on Canvas)

I’m conflicted. If this is one of those situations where some errant hipster took an existing painting and added an incongruous, humorous and/or ironic detail to it, I’m pissed! Because this is (was?) demonstrably a “not bad” painting: closely examine those mountains - those are some NICE brushstrokes. There’s some talent here! Whereas the Death Star, to me, looks amateurish, dumb and clunky. But who knows? Maybe the entire thing IS by Phil Collins (or whatthehellever that signature is in the upper left.) Just, to me, the landscape and the Death Star appear to vary wildly in quality. Le Sigh.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!