Saturday, June 15, 2024

Botched C.S. Lewis Quotation (Acrylic on Canvas)


Okay, a few points. I said in the distant past here at the (V)VAG that I would never again hang a text-based painting (my exact words I think were that I am opposed to “the trite, typical ‘Live Laugh Love’ philosophical abortions”) but in this case I have temporarily reversed that decision because this is literally the best painting of the day. Sad but true. And not because it’s particularly good, but rather because the others all suck either talent-wise, execution-wise or reason-for-existence-wise. 

I like C.S. Lewis by the way. But I’m pretty sure the quote should read “Christianity” instead of “Christ.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!