Sunday, April 28, 2024

Horse and Woman (Acrylic on Canvas)

I could be wrong but I think (?) this person may have also done the triptych we hung here a few weeks back. I ragged on that other one a bit, perhaps unfairly, but eh I write from the gut: get over it. THIS ONE, however, I do kinda like. Not sure why, since Modern-y / PostModern-y / Abstract-y art usually leaves me unimpressed. I like Art to LOOK like stuff, y’know? Anyways, even though this looks like nothing the exists in Reality, it’s pretty cool. Yes, there is BLUE, but there’s no blue and PURPLE. And: the blue that IS there isn’t simply…slopped onto the canvas and rubbed around in a desultory manner as if one was cleaning a toilet with a scrub brush. There are definite signs of Good Taste and Geometry here. And I like the brownish / maroonish / whateveryacallit background. 

Well done, artiste!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!