About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Friday, March 22, 2024

Road and Mountain Horizon (Acrylic on Canvas)

I’m like 90% sure this was the of some random Paint Night group: I’d bet money on it.

Pretty soon I’ll have to up my critical judgment on stuff like this but for some reason lately I’ve been feeling uncharacteristically charitable: I’m going to say I kind of like this. Regular visitors here may be able to guess why: we have bright colors! Yellow. And green! Such a welcome change. True, there’s some (eh) blue and (ugh) purple, but they’re lighter/brighter blues and purples. The birds (or are they bats)? Lame. The trees? Lame. The road? Way too damned straight. Worse, it doesn’t even look like it’s receding into the distance. But taken together, this painting is basically okay. To the artist: whoever and wherever you are, keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!