Friday, March 22, 2024

Road and Mountain Horizon (Acrylic on Canvas)

I’m like 90% sure this was the of some random Paint Night group: I’d bet money on it.

Pretty soon I’ll have to up my critical judgment on stuff like this but for some reason lately I’ve been feeling uncharacteristically charitable: I’m going to say I kind of like this. Regular visitors here may be able to guess why: we have bright colors! Yellow. And green! Such a welcome change. True, there’s some (eh) blue and (ugh) purple, but they’re lighter/brighter blues and purples. The birds (or are they bats)? Lame. The trees? Lame. The road? Way too damned straight. Worse, it doesn’t even look like it’s receding into the distance. But taken together, this painting is basically okay. To the artist: whoever and wherever you are, keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!