Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Ocean and Sky (Watercolor on Watercolor Paper)


As usual when I need information that civilized people are typically privy to, I ask my wife. I say this because I’m gonna have to ask her what “that thick, wavy, expensive paper used in watercolor painting” is called by members of polite society. I doubt it’s just called “watercolor paper.” Anyway, here’s another one by the previous artist. I like it too. It’s mellow and understated, while still being clearly recognizable for what it is. I’m a big fan of understated. I myself tend to go overboard. As a kid, I sent in an entry to a local tv news channel “draw the weather” thing they did every evening. Mine eventually got picked but only because it was so dumb. It had rain, storm clouds, lightning, a tornado, a tidal wave, an earthquake, snow, fog, and even a meteor shower I think. And a sun shining brightly in the upper right hand corner! I was in 5th grade. I wasn’t even trying to be funny. I was just goofy.

UPDATE: She said it IS just called watercolor paper after all. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!