About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Ocean and Sky (Watercolor on Watercolor Paper)


As usual when I need information that civilized people are typically privy to, I ask my wife. I say this because I’m gonna have to ask her what “that thick, wavy, expensive paper used in watercolor painting” is called by members of polite society. I doubt it’s just called “watercolor paper.” Anyway, here’s another one by the previous artist. I like it too. It’s mellow and understated, while still being clearly recognizable for what it is. I’m a big fan of understated. I myself tend to go overboard. As a kid, I sent in an entry to a local tv news channel “draw the weather” thing they did every evening. Mine eventually got picked but only because it was so dumb. It had rain, storm clouds, lightning, a tornado, a tidal wave, an earthquake, snow, fog, and even a meteor shower I think. And a sun shining brightly in the upper right hand corner! I was in 5th grade. I wasn’t even trying to be funny. I was just goofy.

UPDATE: She said it IS just called watercolor paper after all. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!