Thursday, November 9, 2023

Birch Trees (Acrylic on Canvas)

So much purple. What is it with amateur artists and purple?

My usual comment: these trees are far from ideal but they’re really not that bad for an amateur artist. And they’re certainly better than I can do. My trees (specifically my tree branches) look far more inorganic and artificial than I can adequately explain here. They have to be seen to be disbelieved. Not kidding.

Addendum: a brief digression on the subject of relativity. While you may be looking at these exhibits in the “most recent to older” order, please remember that they were placed here (and reviewed by me) in the opposite direction. So if you find yourself questioning my kindness towards these (admittedly rather awful) trees, consider the sad, stupid pile of rocks I had reviewed in all likelihood mere moments before and realize that, in comparison, these trees positively twinkle with overdone trite kitschy Alaskan treeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!