Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Moose (Oil on Canvas)

The frame is more of a work of art than what we find framed here. Not counting Bullwinkle, this is by far the weirdest-looking moose I’ve ever seen.  The rest is not without merit, though. Of the boulders (that look a bit like giant wasp’s nests?) the less said the better. But I have seen, in real life on occasion, trees that somewhat resemble the rotten broken burnt-out tree near the center of this painting. And while I can’t say that I’ve ever seen a lake that wasn’t…umm…level, there is something about this that seems real. I kind of wonder if this isn’t a a painting of a photo? But who knows? Oh yeah: the colors are strangely washed out as well. Nature isn’t this dull and lifeless. Still, it’s kinda cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!