About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Saturday, August 10, 2024

Abstract Gimmick Thingy (Acrylic on Canvas)


Regulars here know that I’m not a fan of this kind of thing: I won’t go so far as to say that I actively dislike it since there’s, in general, not enough of anything to it to either like or dislike. It’s simply a technique, and one that requires little if any creativity on the part of the person making it.

That having been said, of the eight or so of these things we have showing here (I won’t call them paintings), this is in the top two. 

(The statisticians and logicians among us will gather from this data that this painting probably came in second. Since I didn’t say it’s the best one of these we’ve ever had, right?)

Regardless: for what it is, it’s not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!