Sunday, April 21, 2024

Girl with Pitcher (Colored Pencil on Parchment)

I walked past this thing on three different days before I realized that it’s probably (?) original art. From a distance it looks kind of good (boring, and the proportions feel a little off, but eh good) but then you get close to it and it’s so…not that great…that one comes to the conclusion that it HAS to be amateur art. This has happened two or three times here at the (V)VAG: an artwork shows up and it’s in such a liminal space of “is it good? is it bad? is it original or mass-produced?” that I really don’t know if it should be exhibited here or not. So as usual, I’ve included it. It’s assumed to be an original until I learn otherwise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!