About Me

My photo
(THIS BLOG IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH NOR DOES IT REPRESENT VALUE VILLAGE) Welcome to the (Value) Village Art Gallery. I’m your host, Curator SadHoboClown, and I will be your guide throughout the tour. Here you will find, free of charge, some of the most fantastic and awe-inspiring paintings ever gazed upon by the eyes of mankind. Our intention here is not to make anyone feel bad for having possibly created what many would consider to be bad art: I myself am a would-be artist and I’ve done some truly terrible things with paint and canvas, for which my conscience still plagues me. However: I honestly believe that most of the paintings you will see here can be considered charming: in them you are able to see the stumbling, tottering baby-steps that various artists have taken in the process of learning how to do something they’ve perhaps never done before. The point is that most people can only get better at something if they start out not better at something, right? So even if I’m being a bit of a wise-ass at times, bear in mind that it’s all in fun. Bad Art is still Art! (DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!!!)

Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Snowy Landscape (oil on canvas board)


Not sure what’s up lately but this is the longest run of really decent paintings that we’ve seen here at the (V)VAG since…well…okay let’s be honest: we’ve NEVER had this many decent paintings in a row all at once. You’ll see what I mean once you travel a bit deeper into the abattoir er um GALLERY that is. “Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here.” 

I’M KIDDING, I’M KIDDING!!!

While I’m thinking about it though, we are creeping up on our first 100 objets d’arte: how cool is that? I’ll try to think of something special to do in order to commemorate our upcoming “100th Painting Anniversary.”

Anyway, yet again there’s nothing to ridicule here: it’s a nice, painterly landscape, I’m guessing of the Bob Ross variety.

My trees continue to suck. I’m envious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to comment. But be aware: I’m going to check what you say before it gets posted. Have fun!